Monday, September 8, 2008

Go get some fresh air......


Over the past week, I"ve had some major battles with Harri my four year old. He is a bright, beautiful, loving child, but man, has he got a streak of completely irrational defiance in him. Like mother, like son, I am told. Surely not! Well.....maybe. Oh dammit, it's all my fault - typical. Anyway, after we had a major yelling attack (Harri) and a mammoth tear-fest (me), we had a very serious discussion about his behaviour and sorted out some suitable punishments. We then skateboarded to the park for a picnic lunch, a hang-upside down off the climbing frame and a lesson on the finer points of hand ball. The change in him since then has been nothing short of astounding. It makes me wonder if it was all just a big cry for some undivided attention.
I have been a little distracted lately........

1 comment:

SF said...

Glad to hear you've had a good day! We did too, a long day home with no car........ I even managed 2 walks; one early this morning on my own and one with the little boys this afternoon. Picnic outside for lunch, book reading, lots of general cleaning, birthday planning ;), and a lego session with E.
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!