Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dark thoughts and beautiful pictures.....

Last night at our ladies Bible study was a complete mindblow for me. Over the past few months, we have been focussing on ways in which we can support each other and truly "be there" for each other. We have slowly been establishing trusting friendships and an ease with each other to share what we have been going through. (all this AND studying the book of Matthew!!!).
When one of our ladies opened up and shared what had been going on in her life, it started a roller-coaster of emotions for all of us. As the night progressed, deep, deep sorrows were shared and for some, I think it may have been the first time they had openly talked about these things.
I myself, sat with my head down in total wonderment that these women had come through these situations in one piece - and even managing to thank God!
In my sheltered life, I have not experienced the sort of pain that these women had shared, and as they spoke, I could feel my thoughts turning dark about the world that we live in. "How do I bring up my children in this world of terrible, frightening things," I thought.
I hope I can learn from these ladies. They can still see the beauty in the world and I admire them for their courage and strength.




No comments: