Monday, April 20, 2015

Dreams (or WT?????)

I often have incredibly vivid dreams. In the morning, I can either recall them in exact detail, or I have a sort of hazy recollection of something strange happening during the night.

When I do remember them, I often spend the rest of the day trying to decipher them (ie - am I some kind of oracle with incredibly in-depth solutions to my own life, or am I completely mad??)

This morning's dream was an absolute doozy. I'm still gobsmacked by it all.

Anyway - genius/lunatic - you decide.

It started with Nev and I in a hotel room. It was a glass room, with lots of plantation shutters.

On the other side of the glass was a food court, bar, lounge area, and shopping plaza which were all packed with people.

Nev and I were trying to have a little "private time" and were frantically running around closing the shutters, but they never seemed to end. Just as we got them all closed there was a knock at the door.

It was an old friend dropping the kids off after their time at the water slide park. They entered the room with a huge amount of blow up toys - giant rainbow dolphins, beach balls, over sized Australia Day thongs etc. (all in strikingly vivid colours and making that annoying squeak that you get when one blow up toy rubs up against another)

I was scrabbling to get out of the room (over and under the inflatable toys) as I desperately needed to pee. I found myself outside where the only place to pee was over an old concrete trough full of water. This trough was somehow connected to varying size pots full of lobsters.

As I peed, the colour of the water in the pots started to change and all the lobsters died. Not screaming or anything, but writhing in such a way that I knew their deaths were indeed painful.(Maybe I'm an alien and I pee acid?!)

Slinking guiltily away from the pots of dead and dying lobsters,  I found myself at the back of a very large tin shed. There seemed to be some kind of crop growing alongside the shed, and as I walked I thought I could see the crop actually growing.

I walked closer, and sure enough, large leaves were uncurling and growing in front of me. It looked like a pumpkin plant, and as I bent over to inspect them, I noticed the centre of the plant was a writhing mass of black wormlike creatures.

I picked one up (I know, I know - if this was a horror movie, I'd be screaming at the female lead "don't touch that, it's going to eat you!!!!!") and it immediately attached itself  and started slithering under my skin.

I started screaming for Nev, who for some unknown reason, came running wearing tradesman overalls and a tool belt (!!!!) He started to pull at it, but as soon as he touched it, it started attaching itself to him too.

Lucky he had his tradie gloves in his tool belt!!! He put them on and literally ripped the evil, black , killer worm off/out of me. There was blood everywhere.

The end.

P.S. Yep - I know!!!!

No comments: