Monday, April 13, 2015

Dear Blog. Love Helen.

Dear Blog,

I've missed you. You have been in the back of my mind for some time now, but typically, I have done nothing about it. You and I both know that I am "The Great Procrastinator"and I will always choose the option of inactivity over exertion. Always.

But that's not a good excuse.

If I'm going to be really honest, I've been avoiding you. Now, don't get me wrong. It's not you. It's me. I've been terrified of catching up with you for so many reasons.

1. I have sooooooo much to say - but don't know where to start. In fact, I'm a bit worried I might overwhelm you with a WHOLE LOT OF STUFF.

2. I have sooooooo much to say - but none of it may be of interest to you.Most of it doesn't even interest me, so the odds of you nodding off, bored to tears, are pretty high.

3. I have sooooooo much to say - but while telling you,  we might both figure out that my life is basically the same as it was when we used to connect regularly (and that's a scarey thing, right there).

None of these are very good excuses either.

If I'm going to make things right between us, I guess I should start with a good old fashioned apology.

I'm sorry that I have neglected you, that I have treated you as if I didn't know you. You've been there the whole time, but I've just walked past you on numerous occasions, without even a nod (or a wink). That must have hurt.

I'm sorry that I don't give you enough credit.  You have always silently accepted every little thing I've ever said in the past without any kind of judgement or nasty remark. Why would I think it would be so different now. And why would I think that you wouldn't still find me hilarious (or at least slightly amusing) now?

I guess, I have underestimated you at every turn.

Well, the truth is out now. You are so much better than me. Can you ever forgive me?

Let's just take this slowly. Just a little bit here and there. I will work hard to stay in better contact and to treat you the way you should be treated. I will tell you all  MY STUFF, and you do what you do best: help me cope and make me laugh at myself.

And last, but not least. I should say thankyou.

Thanks for still being here for me after all this time.

Love Helen.

P.S. I think I love you xxxx




No comments: