Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Funny girl......

My poor little girl has been at home sick with a bad cold for the last few days.

Her nose is running, she's coughing every five minutes, but worst of all, her ears are blocked up.

She can't hear a thing and it's driving me mental.

She's always had a little bit of selective deafness - especially when it comes to things like "Ellie can you please hang up all your clothes" or "Ellie can you please tidy up all the glitter and beads you've spread all over the house" - but this is to the point of ridiculous.

For instance, she can be standing right next to me and I will tell her what we are having for dinner - she will nod as if she understands and then asks "Mummy - what are we having for dinner" - or she will ask three times in quick succession, "what did you say".......

And you know the whole thing about being a little bit deaf so you talk just that little bit louder.....

In a priceless Ellie moment when she was talking to me at the top of her lungs - she yells "Mummy am I overtalking myself?"

Umm, perhaps just a little bit sweetheart.....

Another classic from my little cherub occurred tonight when she had read a note that came home with Harri from school, notifying parents on a confirmed case of Whooping cough within the school community.

Ellie looks up and says "Mummy, I think I might have Whoppers disease".......

No comments: