Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dancing in the street........

Ellie and I are well on our way to being famous.

Maybe not quite as famous as Michael Jackson - but, still.......

A couple of weeks ago there was an ad in the local paper inviting anybody to join in on a Flash Mob Dance.

We had recently seen one on you tube - Resurrection Sunday Dance in Budapest, Hungary - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&v=NVv0jH33nL4&annotation_id=annotation_287881
 -and Ellie immediately wanted to go as anything that is vaguely related to dance has her, well....dancing.

It was free, it was on a Sunday avo, and we had nothing better to do, so we went for it.

I was like "yeah I'll take you babe, but I'll just sit and watch....."

The young, beautiful, dancing instructor who is trying to get a government grant to continue this community work -  had a great sense of humour considering about only 15 people of all ages and dance styles turned up - and  taught us (drum roll please) Michael Jackson's Thriller!!!!

Pshaw, you should have seen me go - I totally dig the whole zombie moves and it was so much fun!!!

After this, she tried to teach us some hip hop and then some jazz style steps - all of which were really fun, but by now I had so much stuff in my head that I really wasn't making a lot of progress.

Ellie had an absolute ball and did so much better than me - "don't worry Mummy, I'll go over it with you at home" - snigger, snigger.....

We are now waiting to hear from her as to when the real practices begin and at the end of the year we will be trying it all out on the local Saturday morning markets.

Victor Harbor Saturday morning markets one day - the next - the world........

2 comments:

SF said...

Fantastic! Flash mobs are awesome. :)

jenb said...

sounds like lots of fun, am a little jealous. Have fun