Monday, January 31, 2011

Letting go....

Completely unbidden, the very tall man got down on his knees so he could look my son in the eye.

"I know what it's like to start a new school mate," he said with a look of such tenderness I thought I would cry. "It's a bit scarey, but you'll be fine. I'll be praying for you."

There.

That bit.

That's it in a nutshell.

If I could just bottle that moment.....

That moment where a person went out of their way and genuinely cared for, and encouraged another.

The same moment when I was reminded once again that God is bigger than all my fears......

2 comments:

jenb said...

They look very handsome. My guys re also loving school. Enjoy the quiet!!!

Queen of the Natives said...

Beautiful Helen! It's all too quick though :( Glad to hear that everything has gone so well :D! Love to you and all of your family, xo.