Monday, November 23, 2009

Christmas shopping vs. peace and serenity..........

I'm feeling festive! Almost light headed.

I've begun singing Christmas carols, and have thought about putting on our one and only Christmas carol CD - released by Myer a few years ago and has Bert Newton singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer - extremely sad!
 
I'm not just feeling festive because there is only 4 sleeps until I go away, but because we have almost finished our Christmas present shopping. Yeehaa! I'm feeling so organised and on top of things (and modest too!)

Nev has made photo calendars for all the rellies, I have purchased a good amount of goats, vegie patches and mosquito nets through Christian Blind Missions and the children have begun making their presents for friends this week - Ellie is making "pink, peppermint, moisture rich bath bombs" and Harri is making green slime and adding plastic worms and bugs.

Their choice of presents, pretty much sums up my two children:

Ellie - pink, pretty and sweet smelling.

Harri - the yuckier, the better.

Mind you, as we were shopping for the essential ingredients for the kids' presents, a particular driver nearly erased my Christmas spirit, not to mention my existence from the face of the earth.

And then there's the impossibility of finding a carpark in town. And discovering that the shop you counted on having all the ingredients you need, just plain old doesn't, and you have to go all the way across the other side of town (where you have just come from) and then finding only one thing you need and have no idea where to find the other six magical ingredients,and the kids are whining and it's really, really hot, and you've just about had enough.........

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Yikes, that makes me feel really DIS-organized. I haven't done any shopping or anything, and I have six present-hungry siblings...!

Tamra said...

check out manheim steamroller christmas music. My favourite!!! and congrats on being so super organized. I'm about half way done. =)

Mary Witzl said...

I LOVE that bumper sticker! Who needs to know there's a baby in a car? What you really need to look out for is a crazy and distracted mother. Bumper stickers alerting motorists to crappy drivers would also be helpful.

I haven't done a lick of Christmas shopping, but I did buy some cards. And I've found my recipe for Christmas snowball cookies...