Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ready, set, draw......

I think if all the textas and pencils, crayons, chalk etc. in the world disappeared, my beautiful daughter would simply shrivel up and blow away on the wind. It is extremely rare to see her without one of these things in her hand, and she is always surrounded with paper, cardboard, etc. We have actually rationed her paper usage and insist that she covers an entire piece of paper before moving on to the next piece. I actually believe her first thought upon waking is "I have to draw, must draw, need to draw etc......"

Even when she was really little she would draw constantly, and if she found she couldn't draw something she would come to me with a piece of paper and pencil and say "draw Mumma". Her favourite thing for a long time was to have me sit down and draw all the characters from the Veggie Tales films, especially Bob the tomato - she would get all giggly and say "more, more".
Aaah memories - she was such an adorable little thing!!!!

Even Harri loves to draw. I think Ellie's love of drawing has made a big impression on Harri and I am so thankful that he can enjoy these quieter activities - it kind of balances out his more frantic, boyish, gotta-blow- things-up and crash-that-into-something side.

Last night after dinner was cleared away, we sat down and had a few goes at a drawing game a friend introduced the children to. The paper is folded into three and each person gets to draw a piece of a body (head, body, legs) and then pass it on to the next person, who then draws the next piece of body without looking at the previous part. Does that make sense? We laughed and laughed when the drawings were revealed - and they were all so good, I thought I'd post a few.....

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Yeah, my parents rationed my paper too because I never filled up the entire page...that didn't stop me though...

SF said...

My favourite part of looking at these pictures is trying to guess who drew what!! :) I've always loved and admired Ellie's artistic talents.