Thursday, May 28, 2009

Slightly hysterical.......


I think I am getting over this flu, slowly but surely. I sincerely doubt that I have caught up on any of the hours of sleep that have gone missing due to lingering coughs and aching joints. Because of this, I have found myself in that place, - you know the place - nestled somewhere between incredibly irrational and slightly hysterical. I believe I am leaning towards the latter, as everything (everything!!) seems to be slightly amusing.

I have to admit that I am quite good at finding the funny side of most things, but I raise my own eyebrows at the fact that I nearly choked from laughing so hard when my vaccuum went kaput in my hands. Yep, the neck snapped right off and I found this the funniest thing ever!!!! It was in fact, not funny at all, as my floors are in definite need of some attention and I wanted so much to have the house clean for the weekend.

So I resorted to sweeping the floor! (Aghast - step back into the dark ages!) But the hilarity did not end there. As I swept the school room, I collected lots of glitter and sequins which Ellie had liberally spread around earlier in the day, and then found an odd assortment of little dead insects in a corner behind the bin (see what I mean about my floor needing some attention!). These things, combined in the dustpan made me start to giggle again. Thoughts of disco insects, and star-spangled gymnastic ants went through my sleep deprived brain and I had to sit down.

Ellie and Harri found me and wanted to know what I was laughing about - I tried to explain - but in the end they chuckled at me politely and moved on as quickly as possible.

It must be difficult for them. Sigh......

3 comments:

Jordan said...

Slightly hysterically strange. Shall we call 911 for you?

Theresa said...

Oh Helen, I want to live with you, there is never ever a dull moment when you are around:)
Thanks for your comment about my tuesdays thought... love you and wish you could be here.

Kylie said...

It's absurd. It doesn't make any sense. Disco parties for insects?
Why am I laughing?! Don't drag me down with you.