Friday, October 24, 2008

Well on my way to becoming pathetic....


This week has been full on - everything from depression (I turned 38!) to absolute joy (my beautiful girl turned 7), to a bit of a breakdown (totally worn out) to a tear fest (mine - my daughter going to her first ever sleepover).

So anyway - the sleepover is at school ("Jungle Camp" - sounds fantastic doesn't it) and it will be fully supervised and she will be with all her adorable friends and having a wonderful time. I on the other hand am sitting here feeling so sad it's almost ridiculous!

Earlier today, Ellie packed her bag with great satisfaction - "I packed my toothbrush AND toothpaste Mum" - her little pink monkey PJ's, her favourite toys - 2 pink unicorns and a pink puppy - clean undies, her pink and white checked pillow (thanks Min - she LOVES!!! her new sheets), her unicorn sleeping bag, her old cot mattress and various other pink, girly things that one cannot go on without!

I wanted to unpack the whole thing and tell her she wasn't going. I wanted to tell her she was being mean for not packing me in her bag. I wanted to go with her so much it hurt. But instead I had a good old fashioned tear fest which made me feel even worse. If this is a bit of an insight into what it will be like when she leaves home for good - well, I want nothing to do with it.!! She's just not going. Ever.

So what if she gets the most wonderful job opportunity or meets the man of her dreams who wants to whisk her away to some fabulous island location (or even the rolling green hills of Scotland or Wales).......well, she'll just have to take me with her. She might as well realise now that her pathetic old Mummy is .......well, pathetic. Love, love, love you Ellie!!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, Helen - you're beauuuutiful! Ellie is so blessed...and Harri...and Nev! Love you lots! Cathy B

Cackers said...

Harden up woman!
I guarantee you won't feel this way about Harri when its his turn! You are very cute and remind me of me once........