Saturday, May 7, 2011

How pink can a flamingo?

Hindsight.

What a wonderful thing.

For instance, if I had hindsight this week, there's a good chance I might not have walked into a pole.

Yep.

Street pole. Metal.

Talking to Harri, not looking where I was going. Whammo.

"Hello Mr. Pole, meet my forehead"

Good for a laugh though considering it was a stop sign.

Also in hindsight this week (sounds like a news headline - "and in other news") I might have taken the opportunity to go with Ellie and her class on their Adelaide zoo-snooze trip.

Yep, two days at the zoo.

Hiding the sun-bears food, animal feeding, sleeping in the Daintree room, night walks to meet some of the nocturnal animals, etc.

Ellie was extra, extra excited as she was allowed to take my little digital camera with her.

Here's a few of her (hundreds of)photos......

 Ellie loved the flamingos despite the fact that they weren't very pink!

 Either Funi or wang-Wang. All pandas look the same to me.
Beautiful hand dyed silk butterfly wings at the entrance to the butterfly garden.

Ellie's classmates - a lovely bunch of girls who all took care of each other beautifully.

Needless to say, she had a great time!

1 comment:

Tulip~Rose Quilt Shoppe said...

oh why wasn't Ellie ther with the camera when you "greeted" the pole.......that photo would be worth a million dollars!!! hahahahahaha