Friday, December 3, 2010

Memoirs of an old lady.....

(ha ha - I didn't mean mine!)



Today as I was serving at the check-out, a fragile-looking, white haired,  little old lady came through.

She gave me the biggest smile and said, "just the essentials today dear!"

On the conveyor belt sat a packet of Tim-Tams, a small bag of crystallised ginger, a bottle of ginger ale, a packet of tea-bags and a trashy magazine.

She winked at me like we were partners in crime and said, "don't ever forget to love your life - it's over way before you are ready."

I wish I had met this lady in a place where I could have taken more time with her.

I don't know what her story is, and I may never find out, but I will try and take her advice - along with some Tim-Tams and a cup of tea.

1 comment:

Queen of the Natives said...

Have a Tim Tam for me too! These golden oldies, so knowledgeable and wise... It is fantastic advice. I'll wrap myself in it this week and maybe it'll help me be more present in my now. Thanks so much for your beautiful and supportive words this morning. I'm like a dam yo-yo woman!!! But I know it's fear and it is really scary too! I'll be reading yours and Min's words over and over I think and will chew them over and goodness me, shall I - 'Pray'! (ps, I'm loving being in contact with you again :)
Love JM xo