Thursday, April 9, 2009

In Christ alone.....

Easter always finds me a bit tearful. I cannot get my head around a love that would willingly suffer a horrific death for me!!! It is too much!
I often dream of situations where one or other of my children is in a desperate situation and it calls for me to put my own life at risk in order to save them. At times I just seem to leap boldly into the fray and other times I seem to hesitate and look around for other ways of saving them.....I always wake from these dreams feeling incredibly haggard and wanting to go in and kiss my children immediately.
There must have been times when Jesus hesitated and looked for another way. How Jesus must have struggled in the garden when He prayed to his father "not my cup". He knew exactly what would happen - and went anyway. He went to see the future arrive for us - in all our unworthiness - that we could have a hope in everything. That is a love that is amazing, indescribable, undeserving and too much for me. And yet it is for me.
"What heights of love, what depth of peace, when fears are stilled, when
strivings cease. My comforter, my all in all, here in the love of Christ I
stand."

No comments: