Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Don't you just love a party......

I have been practicing my face painting skills this week - and the kids have loved every minute of it - for a friends' birthday party on the weekend. This is something I have always wanted to do, but typically have never done anything about. So I took myself off to the local party hire shop and bought some little tubes of proper face paint. We have often painted each other with normal water paints, but face paint is much creamier (or something??!!) and comes off so much easier. So here's a few of my first attempts....


The essential butterfly.......Slightly dodgy birthday balloons.......

and of course, the clown.......
I really need to pick three or four designs and try to improve them each time, but according to Ellie, (always my number one fan) my face painting is "absolutely beautiful Mama - all you need now is some glitter and some sequins and some little pink jewels...." (and the list goes on).

1 comment:

SF said...

Beautiful Helen! I especially love the butterfly!
Look out though, if you get too good you'll end up with a permanent face-painting-at-every-party job!! :)