Friday, October 10, 2008

Glad I'm not a guinea pig....

I am sitting here in my comfy chair, sucking down a cup of my favourite tea, the kids are being lovely and occupied and life is good. I bet my guinea pigs are not in agreement. They are out in the rain getting their little fat hairy bodies soaked and their food will slowly be turning to mush. I don't even have the decency to run out there and cover them up. If I was them I'd be really peeved.
I mean it's not like they are really demanding pets or anything - what do guinea pigs need really other that a bit of food, fresh grass, somewhere warm and dry to sleep. Yeah, OK, so I am depriving them of one of their essential requirements. And yeah, OK there are days when I completely forget to feed them...
Still, I can't be sure that they are not out there in their little cage working on some plan to take over the world. They will start with us. Late one night they will come in and melt us with their atomic brain zappers yelling "that will teach you to leave us out in the rain mortal". Perhaps I need to be a little more diligent with my care of them, just in case.
Hmmm...mind you, these are the same animals who poo in their food bowl - enough said!

1 comment:

AndrewWrites said...

"In as much as you've done it to the least of these..."