Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Where would I be without my husband......


(Single, on a Caribbean island, hammock, cocktail waiter, azure waves lapping gently etc...)

But seriously.....I would be up the proverbial creek without the proverbial paddle. After 15 years of marriage I have definitely got used to having him around and have decided to keep him.
My Dad once described our relationship as me being "the rocket up his rear end" and Nev being the "anchor" to keep me in place. This is so true and thankfully it is a recipe that works really well. Nev is probably the calmest, most patient, thoughtful person that I know. Not to mention loving, sensitive, clever, fun etc (did I mention patient?) - all the things that our marriage needs to keep it functioning and all the things that I could learn from him.
An incident happened this week at Nev's work that immediately got me all riled up and ready to beat the stuffings out of anyone who got in my way (namely Nev's boss). I was having a good old rant about them treating him like he was a 12 year old and how unfair it all was and how he should just tell them all to get stuffed and walk out and kick his office chair up against the wall and yell "I'm taking my bat and ball and going home" (all this without taking a breath - hmmm now I know where my daughter gets it from) and he just said "I'm sure we can negotiate something Helen".
Hate that! I felt like a deflated balloon. But he was right and I think things are going to be OK and maybe I should be a little bit more like him!!! Love ya Nev.

1 comment:

AndrewWrites said...

Been thinking about a name for the shop, how about...

1. The Folicle Factory
2. A cut above...
3. Oxlade Offcuts

Ok, I think I'm still going with "Nev's".

So, hey the kids are on holidays soon. Does that mean you actually take Ellie to school?